AUTHOR:<$BlogCommentAuthor$> Jeremy's Knit-a-bit: The Liberated

Jeremy's Knit-a-bit

Friday, January 05, 2007

The Liberated

While exploring Kool-aid dyeing I discovered Scout's Swag. She was posting about frogging and inspired me to look at my UFOs. That is why I added this button: froggit.jpg to my sidebar. I then started to go through my UFO/stash containers in my closet. This is what I came up with so far.

To the Frog Pond

  1. Hoodie for baby Averi which I abandoned. 4 balls Plymouth Yarn’s Baby Rimini

  2. Cabled Headband for Joy – I made up the pattern and halfway through I decided it was too narrow. Will save the ball of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Bulky for another headband, probably for next Christmas.

  3. Multidirectional scarf for Michael – Love the yarn, Misti Baby Alpaca Chunky. I will be looking for a new scarf pattern for Michael. It needs to be two colors (I have black and gold). If anyone has any ideas, I am open.

  4. Sea Breeze vest from the Spring 2005 Knitter’s – This yielded 2 balls of Fiesta Yarns La Boheme. It is good I frogged it because it was going to be way too big. A lesson for not checking gauge. I also discovered my needles were too big. The pattern called for 13’s and the ones I used were 15’s in fact they are the same needles that I was using for the Hoodie in #1 (what am I now going to do with two size 15 addi’s)?

  5. Some scarf I started a few years ago that was made out of a novelty yarn that was meant to be carried with another yarn. I hadn’t gotten very far and it was pretty much abandoned. I had already taken the needles and put it on a stitch holder.

  6. The Frog Pond:First Frogging

Set aside for summer knitting:

  1. Joy’s headband (frogged see above)

  2. Poinsettia wreath
Swatch knitting is the new car knitting. I hate to knit swatched but I found the car is the best place to do it because I am trapped without any other knitting to do. Here is my first swatch from my home dyed. I am going to make Joy a pair of socks.
The Joy of Pink swatch

Robin at Yarn Crawl switched her blog over to typepad. I am thinking of doing that. If so I will post the new url here.

© 2006 Jeremy. "Pointy Sticks" template by Faces of Yve.