AUTHOR:<$BlogCommentAuthor$> Jeremy's Knit-a-bit: Sixteen Days Til Christmas, Oh My

Jeremy's Knit-a-bit

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Sixteen Days Til Christmas, Oh My

My tree now looks like this:

tree lights

This weekend I will start putting the ornaments on. I like to do it in stages, one box at a time. That way when I have to do something (laundry, hunger, work don't stop for the holidays) it is easy to clean up and later come back to a new box. This will be the second Christmas in this house, our old house had cathedral ceilings so we always got a tall tree. There won't be enough room for all the ornaments we have so I'll just put up my favorites. I had forgotten that Bear ate (tore while trying to get the candy out) Michael's stocking last year. Looks like repairs are in order. Yuck! I finished a second meathead hat, the one will holly leaves. An idea I got from Mama Urchin

holiday meathead

I have also started knitting holly leaves for the felted wreath. I think I will make a smaller version than the pattern calls for and use a grapevine wreath. I am very frustrated that we are not getting out of school until the 22nd. That gives me two days before Christmas. Usually we have a week and I get a lot of holiday knitting done. I also started a multidirectional scarf from Modular Knits by Iris Schreier I was using Plymouth Encore but I just don't like the feel for a scarf. I am making it for Michael in Purdue colors, black and gold. I decided to frog it and get a softer yarn. If anyone has a yarn suggestion, worsted weight, I am open to your ideas. So I am off later today to "I'd Rather Be Knitting" one of my not so local yarn stores, that is having a sale this weekend. Another decision made is I am going to put aside the baby hoodie that I cannot pick up and make a snowman hat for Averi and give it along with the bib I already made. Then there isn't pressure for me to finish something I DON'T WANT TO KNIT. I needed to get that off my chest. I also ordered Knit Picks Options needles last weekend so I am excited to get them and try them. Maybe they will come today. I feel like I am rambling and I have a lot to do! So happy knitting, shopping etc. to everyone!

© 2006 Jeremy. "Pointy Sticks" template by Faces of Yve.