AUTHOR:<$BlogCommentAuthor$> Jeremy's Knit-a-bit: Thanksgiving Weekend

Jeremy's Knit-a-bit

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving Weekend

Carolyn and Michael have been here and gone. Joy and Lily are home. So everything is back to normal. Michael left yesterday because he didn't want to miss today's Bear's game. GO BEARS!

It has been a great holiday weekend. About 60 degrees every day. Friday I roasted 2 pie pumpkins along with an onion and some garlic for pumpkin soup. I put some fresh thyme on it and baked it at 350 degrees for an hour and 15 minutes. One of the pumpkins wasn't quite done so I nuked it for a minute and that did the trick.
roasted pumpkin
Of course the seeds needed to be roasted so I put them in the oven with a little oil. I upped the temperature to 400 and kept them in 15 minutes. Added a little salt and they were perfect.
pumpkin seeds
Meanwhile I processed the roasted vegetables with 1/2 cup of fat free evaporated milk then put it in a pan and mixed it with a can of chicken broth. I heated it up and voila.
Pumpking Soup

Carolyn and I met my sister at the tree lighting in the afternoon.
Susan and Carolyn
It is hard getting good pictures in the dark. Too bad Carolyn had her eyes closed.
Here are the lights before and after:
Before
Lights on

It is much more striking when you are there.
My niece, Elizabeth, was concerned that the dried leaves on the trees would catch fire from the lights to she was feverishly trying to pull them off.
elizabeth
As we were leaving there was a crowd by South Gate. I said to Carolyn that they were probably roasting chestnuts. She disagreed so we made a little wager...
chestnuts roasting
...I won!

This is what I have left to do this weekend (and week)


  1. Report Card Comments

  2. Finish Meathead Hat

  3. Put Outdoor Christmas Lights Up

  4. Finish Averi's Baby Gift


Wish me luck.

© 2006 Jeremy. "Pointy Sticks" template by Faces of Yve.