AUTHOR:<$BlogCommentAuthor$> Jeremy's Knit-a-bit: Saturday's Outings

Jeremy's Knit-a-bit

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Saturday's Outings

I went to the library and got these books.

From the Library

  1. Kids Knitting by Melanie Falick (I love this book for the knitting class I teach)

  2. Modular Knits by Iris Schreier (I joined her Multidirectional Knitting Group, see the sidebar)

  3. Knitgrrl by Shannon Okey (I always like to get a new book for my knitting class)

  4. Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee(for my reading pleasure)

  5. Love Actually (a movie for my knitting pleasure)

Next I was off to my LYS. My mission was to get red Lamb’s Pride Bulky for a Red Scarf Project scarf. The Red Scarf Project is a project of the Orphan Foundation of America, or Orphan.org. They collect red (and other unisex-colored) scarves to send in Valentine's Day care packages to college students who have aged out of foster care." I chose the color spice because the scarf is supposed to be unisex and it was the only red she had. I also decided after I saw this Meathead Hat picture I wanted to make one for my self (details of the hat are on Mama Urchin's blog). That meant another two skeins of Lamb’s Pride Bulky this time in cream. When I told Mary the owner of my LYS of my holly felting plan she putted out the holiday copy of knitsimple and opened it to this:

Wreath Pattern


A poinsettia and holly wreath designed by Nicky Epstein. So I also picked up some green Lamb’s Pride Worsted for the leaves but I didn't need any red because I had some at home in my stash. The good thing was last weekend when I was home Michael bought me a gift certificate so I got to use it. This is what I got.

My Birthday Gift

In my travels I also managed to pick up a Christmas Tree, a six foot Fraiser Fir. Here it is up and still frozen. Tonight I put the lights on.

Christmas Tree Before

I then got to work on knitting up some holly leaves and berries and a few rows of my second meathead hat.
Holly Leaves and Berries (prefelting)

© 2006 Jeremy. "Pointy Sticks" template by Faces of Yve.