AUTHOR:<$BlogCommentAuthor$> Jeremy's Knit-a-bit: Post Christmas Knitting

Jeremy's Knit-a-bit

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Post Christmas Knitting

Well, I didn't finish knitting all the gifts I wanted to so I will either give them late or next year. I am currently working on finishing the cow I knit for Carolyn (I hate finishing), the second dishcloth for my Winter Wonderland Swap pal, and a multidirectional scarf in Purdue colors for Michael. Today when I went to Larissa's blog Stitch Marker , I discovered she had a new KAL for her book posted. Here are some brief details, she supplies a new sock pattern and a maximum of 101 knitters are going to test knit the pattern for her book. You must use Manos de Uruguay wool (which luckily Mary stocks in her shop only 5 minutes away). So once I was in I was off to the shop and picked some up in the color Uranium (what I would consider a moss green) and the latest issue of Knitter's which I had been eyeing for some time. I am excited to start the new KAL because one of my goals after Christmas was to knit socks. If you are interested in this KAL go to the sitesite and sign up. The number of participants is limited. She also has another KAL for the book that I passed on but check it out if you like to knit/wear wraps.

Just Chillin'

Michael had his wisdom teeth taken out today so I got some Dr's office knitting in. Towards the end a man came in and sat near me and commented that the chair I was sitting in must be the knitting chair because he had been to the office earlier and another person was knitting in the same seat. He also shared with me that his mother taught him how to knit as a child. It was a nice conversation. I love the way knitting is such a conversation starter. Afterwards I realized he must have been in the knitting comment chair because the woman who sat in it before him also commented on my knitting.

With Christmas over I almost forgot to comment about my present from my children. A swift and ball winder. They do not understand (and they don't need to) why I love it but I DO. And I am so happy and grateful they gave it to me.Look what Santa brought me!

© 2006 Jeremy. "Pointy Sticks" template by Faces of Yve.