AUTHOR:<$BlogCommentAuthor$> Jeremy's Knit-a-bit: Option Needles Arrived

Jeremy's Knit-a-bit

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Option Needles Arrived

Lily was supposed to work on a project with a friend yesterday so I waited around until 1:00 so she could make her plan. The girl never answered her cell or called back (heaven forbid Lily would call her home) so I got a late start on my errands. I picked up the grapevine wreath and some eucalyptus for the felted wreath and also some Lion Brand wool in gold to make the centre of the poinsettias. Then it was off to "I'd Rather Be Knitting" to make a return and see if I could take advantage of their sale. I did get a few things but I was disappointed that Noro wasn't included in the sale. This is what I got: some Classic cotton, white for a snowman hat for Averi, Lorna's Laces Shepherd Bulky in somerset to make a headband for Joy for Christmas, some more Plymouth Encore to make a pair of socks after Christmas and Ann Norling's Adult Basic Socks pattern (which wasn't on sale). To get your discount you spin a "Wheel of Fortune" type of wheel. I came up with 20% off which I got to add to my take an additional 5% off coupon. After my return I ended up spending a little more that $20. One of my cheaper yarn expeditions. I also stopped and got a couple movies for a hunkering down and knitting sort of evening. This is what I came home with:

Saturday errands

and this is what was at my door when I got home:Knitpicks Options Needles
My Knitpicks Options Needles!
So last night I watched The Lake House, which thoroughly enjoyed, minus the fact that I dosed off at one point. I haven't read the book but it is now on my list. It reminded me of two of my all time favorite books, Outlander and The Time Traveler's Wife. They all deal with relationships and time travel. I was able to almost finish all the holly leaves for the wreath before I went to bed.

© 2006 Jeremy. "Pointy Sticks" template by Faces of Yve.