AUTHOR:<$BlogCommentAuthor$> Jeremy's Knit-a-bit: Been busy knitting and shopping for sock yarn

Jeremy's Knit-a-bit

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Been busy knitting and shopping for sock yarn

Since Christmas I have spent the majority of my time knitting, shopping for yarn (mostly for my new obsession, socks) and buying knitting magazines. Because most of my two week vacation comes after Christmas this year I still have another week to go. Lots of knitting time. My children think I am crazy about knitting which I find humorous because at least two of them have similar obsessive personalities where they become totally immersed in their current passion. For one, it is Harry Potter, and the other it is James Spader/Alan Shore/Boston Legal.

I have been busy knitting for my Winter Wonderland swap pal. I should finish the second dishcloth today (my goal is to finish it before the January dishcloth KAL starts tomorrow). I purchased both beautiful patterns from Knitwits Heaven. I always have a dishcloth in the car to work on at traffic lights, waiting for kids etc. Usually it is a ballband. I finished one yesterday which is a belated gift however the recipient has been out of town since the 22nd so I have forgiven myself for the lateness. I now need a new project for the car so I am looking for a simple lace patterned dishcloth that I can memorize for my car knitting.

I had some Barnes and Noble gift certificates so I went there looking for Nicky Epstein's book Knitted Embellishments. They had it in stock however with the cover price $10 more than Amazon I decide magazines, which I couldn't purchase at a discount would be better. So I headed over to the magazine section to check out the knitting magazines. One called Knit Today caught my eye and as I thumbed through it a photograph of knit Christmas ornaments (titles woolly baubles) hooked me. I have never really seen any knit ornaments that I have wanted to make but two of them were cute. I started to realize that this wasn't a US magazine and looking at the ad on the back cover I realized it was from the UK. Having lived in England for a year in the 90's I became nostalgic and had to buy it. There was another knitting magazine from the UK so I got it too. I have only read the Knit Today so far but there is a pattern for a cable sweater that is to die for. A quote from the magazine "It's all in the detail...This jumper (sweater) is full of interesting textures. The moss stitch and stocking stitch cables compliment the reverse stocking stitch beautifully." I think I have to quit my job to have time to knit all the thing I would like. Since Barnes and Noble was on the way to 3 Bags Full and came home with On Line Supersocke 110 and Fortissima Socka. Now I am definitely committed to some sock knitting and hopefully not just stash enhancement. By the way I did finish my first sock for the test-a-long.

Since 2006 is about to end I think it is time to attempt to switch over to the new blogger. Wish me luck. I hope this won't be a huge pain or worse have my blog disappear!

© 2006 Jeremy. "Pointy Sticks" template by Faces of Yve.