AUTHOR:<$BlogCommentAuthor$> Jeremy's Knit-a-bit: Back to Stitches

Jeremy's Knit-a-bit

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Back to Stitches

So I now had my skein of yarn and was ready to leave the market. Just before reaching the exit I was intrigued by two women knitting with beads at Deanna's Vintage Styles. Combining beading and knitting has always interested me and but I have always felt I had too may projects going and in the queue to get started on something new. I watched for awhile and became hooked. I couldn't pick out beads without the yarn first so went over to Foxyknits to pick out some Koigu. I am really excited to work with this yarn. Merilyn let me bring the two skeins I was deciding between to select the beads. The beads picked the yarn and I ended up with this:You may not be able to tell from the picture but the purple beads really draw out the purple flecks in the yarn. Instead of making a scarf from the pattern in the picture I am going to make a belt. I think I now have enough knitting projects for a couple years.
This is what I ended up coming home with.
1. Size 15 addi turbo circular needles, circular needle stitch protectors, and some knitting coasters from SusanÂ’s Fiber Shop
2. A computer mousepad from PearlÂ’s Knitwits
3. Ozark Handspun
4. Beads and Scarf pattern from Deanna's Vintage Styles
5. These buttons which will go great with the baby sweater I am going to make with thisbaby rimini
6. And free stuff; a couple patterns, a skein of lambs pride bulky (I love that yarn) and size 10 needles.
It was a great day and I raced home to pick up my daughter'prescriptionon only to find the pharmacy had just closed. Definitely will go again next year!

© 2006 Jeremy. "Pointy Sticks" template by Faces of Yve.