AUTHOR:<$BlogCommentAuthor$> Jeremy's Knit-a-bit: The New Bed

Jeremy's Knit-a-bit

Friday, July 21, 2006

The New Bed

Wednesday my new bed arrived and also the new linens. Good timing! So I did a through cleaning of my bedroom and moved some of the furniture around. After moving things around I decided to move the picture that was over the old bed to a different wall. Now I need to have something to put over the bed. I came up with the idea to knit a wall hanging. The trouble is I have never done something like this and I am totally a pattern knitter. I am great at following directions but not at creating. I think I am going to make it in a variety of yarns in the style of Berroco's Free and Easy Scarf pattern, and then add some beads (or something decorative) to the fringe. I am also tackling the problem of Bear sleeping on the bed. Fortunately it is higher than my old bed and with the summer heat he prefers to sleep in the sun room. I am on a third dog bed and he seems to like it (at least he got in it once). Hopefully that will solve the problem.

Other excitement! The yarn I ordered from Knit Picks to make the Market Squares Bag has arrived. It is the first time I have gotten yarn from them. I do like the feel of it. I also ordered some Peruvian Wool to dye, I have never done this before, and some shine sport to make the Ballet Camisole by Alexandra Virgiel.

I love books and I tend to buy too many. I moved last October and still can't find many of my knitting books. Now I have been using the interlibrary loan system to get the knitting books I want to read. The one book I read recently that I will have to buy a copy for myself is One Skein by Leigh Radford. There are so many projects in it I want to try and I would like to sign up for the knit along. However I have several projects I should get started on so I"ll wait a bit before I buy it!

© 2006 Jeremy. "Pointy Sticks" template by Faces of Yve.