AUTHOR:<$BlogCommentAuthor$> Jeremy's Knit-a-bit: True Confession

Jeremy's Knit-a-bit

Sunday, July 23, 2006

True Confession

I have always avoided blocking so when I read that I should block the Piece O Pie before seaming I thought about blowing it off. It isn't something someone was going to wear so sizing wasn't that important and i was careful to make sure the pieces would fit together correctly. However I decided to research blocking online and in my knitting books. One of the things that caught my attention was that it "makes the stitches pop out and seaming becomes easier." Now, I hate to seam so I decided to give it a try. I soaked each piece in lukewarm water with a dab of shampoo. What was most interesting was since I used three different yarns they all reacted a little differently. It is hard to tell in the picture but I had a lot of trouble with the Lion Brand Wool Ease curling compared to the Cascade 220 and the Plymouth Encore Worsted. Now I am waiting for them to dry so I can put it all together.

© 2006 Jeremy. "Pointy Sticks" template by Faces of Yve.