AUTHOR:<$BlogCommentAuthor$> Jeremy's Knit-a-bit: Stitches Midwest

Jeremy's Knit-a-bit

Monday, August 14, 2006

Stitches Midwest

Last minute I decided to go to Stitches Midwest last Saturday. The market was mind boggling, just amazing. I walked through the booths for an hour before the Teaching Knitting class I was going to. I went to the class which ended up not really offering what I was looking for but I got a couple of ideas and a skein of Lamb's Pride Bulky and some knitting needles. Afterwards I had decided that I probably wouldn't get any yarn but I wanted to pick up some buttons for the baby sweater I am going to make, some Addi Turbo size 15s and a couple other odds and ends. I saw a lot of books that I liked but I will get them at the library first. After getting everything I wanted plus some impulse items (computer mousepad, coasters) I thought I would walk around and find one skein of beautiful yarn to buy. I was leaning towards some handpainted yarns in a pastel colorway however one the way to purchase it I was distracted by the skeins of Ozark Handspun. They had a scarf which was a similar idea to the scribbling in Mason Dixon Knitting. I have been toying with the idea of making a curtain for my kitchen using that technique and that sold me on the yarn if I could find the right colorway. At first I didn't see it but as I was about to give up I found it! I tried to get Bear to model it but he wasn't cooperating with the camera.

To be continued...

© 2006 Jeremy. "Pointy Sticks" template by Faces of Yve.